- is a repeatable methodology that
- achieves a 2 fold increase in the performance of an important
business measure, and
- operates in an area:
- connected critically to your core business
- previously resistant to even 10-20% improvement
- that was defined over ten years ago, and
- that is failing to keep up, but not for lack of talent or resources.
Step Change works by:
- selecting a pivotal task as an exemplar
- executing a technical arbitrage
- transferring radically aggressive technology
(from a field which routinely performs a related task).
CHA has learned by doing this over a half dozen times that:
- critical success factors include:
a champion, support, clear purpose, a constant strategy,
external intervention, local buy-in and technical mastery
- The exemplar goes thru four distinct phases from forming to performing
- The team to promulgate the exemplar is different in kind than the exemplar team
- Some substantial reconfiguration of work, venue, resourses and/or power occurs.
You will experience:
- A turnaround in your core competency and business performance
- Unanticipated additional areas of applicability and opportunity
- Most of all, RESULTS CONSISTENTLY EXCEED EXPECTATIONS.
Also at our Gallery page, we have links to:
Our Step Change has been taught at the Harvard Business School.